Followers

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Butterfly Princess

Butterfly Princess
 
 
This is my DT card for Sweet Sketch Wednesday - 174 Challenge.
I have used the beautiful Saturated Canary digi image - Butterfly Princess which I coloured with copics. I went for very sunshiny colours for a change. The papers are from a Hot of The Press 12x12 pad. I matted image and paper onto a peach pearl card. I added some lace and peace ribbon along the top and finished off with some flowers and brads. I drew some faux stitching around one of the papers and the image.
 
Saturated Canary
My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)
 
 




 

Prize:  2 free digis from Krista’s shop
 
Why not come over and join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and have some fun.
 
Happy Crafting !!!

10 comments:

  1. Helen,
    What a pretty card, loving how you colored the Princess' dress. Great fun flowers too.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers Helen - fabulous coloring on this adorable image. I have to say that this SC beauty scared me because of the coloring of hair the gown but now I have this spectacular sample to reference and I just might tackle it after all! Love those wonderful daisies - so perfect matched to the image. A fun and happy feeling card! Have a terrific week!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was a bit reluctant but she is lovely so I gave it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, she is gorgeous! You have done such an amazifn job coloring her up. Beautiful work!! Love your flowers too.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Helen - Your coloring is fabulous!! Such a sweet soft card!!
    Wishing you a Blessed week - Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange and pink together. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Helen all that hair and that wonderful dress, I just adore colouring Saturated Canary images mind you it took me ages to get it right. Love your colours and those pretty design papers. Great card my friend and pretty embellishments. Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful!!! A gorgeous image colored so masterfully!! Love the doodles around your image too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful color combination and your coloring of this sweet little gal is amazing as usual! Love the pretty flowers too.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet papers. Such a beautiful job on coloring. Love your image.. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment, it is very much appreciated.